Own a piece of history with these limited mintage Silver rounds made from Silver recovered from the S.S. Gairsoppa, torpedoed and sunk on February 17, 1941.
The Sunshine Mint has been commissioned to take the precious Silver that was excavated from the Gairsoppa and turn it into 10 troy ounce bars and a 1 troy ounce coins. Each 1 oz round is newly minted with a fresh beautiful strike. When purchased in increments of 20 pieces, the rounds are placed inside a tube and include a serialized security seal on the tube certifying the shipwreck Silver.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 20 rounds are packaged in serialized security sealed tubes. Individual rounds come in an air-tite capsule.
- Obverse: Features a seal certifying its authenticity and purity.
- Reverse: Features an image of the S.S. Gairsoppa as well as the date the Gairsoppa went down in the Atlantic waters to rest.
- Guaranteed by Sunshine Minting.
This piece of history has been given a new life in the form of a 1 oz Silver round.