The Royal Canadian Mint's Birds of Prey series celebrates Canada's formidable predators, including the red-tailed hawk, which is found all across Canada. Each .9999 fine Silver coin beautifully showcases these striking creatures.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 25 come in plastic tubes. 500 coins come in monster boxes. Individual coins come in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt's design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value (CAD).
- Reverse: Depicts a red-tailed hawk, designed by Canadian artist Emily Damstra, descending upon its prey, wings fully outstretched, along with the weight and purity.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
The 2015-dated Red-Tailed Hawk is the third installment of the Royal Canadian Mint's 4-coin 1 oz Silver Canadian Birds of Prey series, which will have a maximum mintage of one million coins each.