2017 is the 20th anniversary of the Platinum Eagle coin program from the U.S Mint. This patriotic coin features a beautifully detailed image of the Statue of Liberty, which is the perfect subject for the U.S. Mint's only investment-grade Platinum coin.
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in mint tubes. Multiples of 500 are packaged in monster boxes. All other coins will be presented in protective plastic capsules.
- Obverse: The strong face of the statue below the word "Liberty", with the year and "In God We Trust" to the side. "E Pluribus Unum" is engraved along Liberty's raised arm.
- Reverse: An American Eagle with outstretched wings soaring in front of a sunrise with "United States of America" above. The weight, purity and $100 face value are also shown.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
One of the most popular and patriotic designs in American coinage, the Platinum Eagle is a perfect additition to one's investment portfolio.