The Gold American Eagle is based on Augustus Saint-Gaudens' 1907 $20 Gold Double Eagle, showing a proud Lady Liberty. With an iconic design and 1 oz of Gold, the 2017 Gold Eagle combines collectibility with bullion investment appeal.
- Contains 1 oz of actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in mint tubes. Multiples of 500 are packaged in monster boxes. All individual coins will be presented in a protective plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens' famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun's rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Minted at West Point, N.Y.
Containing a full ounce of Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Eagle is the most popular Gold coin in the United States.